Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tagvillage soft launch - Major problems

Tagvillage soft launch went live a little more than 3 hours ago. Everything seemed to be working just fine. People were actively buying tags. The most popular ones were obviously all the big names like iPhone, Google, Amazon, Apple, etc. I got to participate in this crazy battle for 'big' tags and was quite excited about it because I knew that soon their price would be driven up way out of my price range. Well this excitement did not last long because soon I found out that, while my credit balance was reduced every time I bought a tag, I was not always credited whenever someone bought a tag from me. This applies mostly to all the 'big' tags because they were selling like hot pancakes and my guess is the system could not keep up with everything and completely mixed things. In the end, while I bought the tag 'google' about 5-6 times, I was not credited for selling it even once. Needless to say, I ran out of credits very fast and could not buy any more tags.

I was relieved to find out that I am not the only person with this problem. Pretty much everyone on tagvillage was affected by this and sent countless e-mails to the admins, who told us that an update about this whole situation is going to be posted in the News section later today. I have no idea how they are going to take care of this. At this point, the only plausible solution seems to be starting the whole thing over again after the trading platform gets fixed.

Now we wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment